Price And Quantity
- 40.00 - 55.00 USD ($)
We are a renowned name that offers highly pure Industrial Salt with purity of up to 100 percent. It is available in granular form that can be easily mixed within water at room temperature. It is in high demand within wide range of applications such as waste water treatment, viscosity control of oils, food preservation, and production of various types of chemicals like chlorine, sodium hydroxide, and hydrogen peroxide. The offered Industrial Salt can be delivered to our clients as per the order placed by them with an assurance of fast and safe delivery.
Appliations of Industrial Salt:
- Salt is a fundamental raw material in the chemical industry for producing chlorine and sodium hydroxide through the electrolysis of brine (saltwater).
- It is used in the manufacturing of various chemicals, including plastics, detergents, bleach, and other chemical compounds.
- Salt is used for water softening in households, industries, and commercial settings to reduce the hardness of water caused by minerals like calcium and magnesium ions.
- It is also used for de-icing roads and highways during winter to melt ice and prevent accidents.
Food Processing and Preservation:
- Salt is a common ingredient in food processing for flavoring, seasoning, and preserving food products like meats, fish, pickles, and canned goods.
- It is also used in the production of various types of cheese and dairy products.
- Salt is used in dyeing and finishing processes for textiles. It helps set dyes, improve color fastness, and enhance the overall quality of fabrics.
Oil and Gas Industry:
- Salt is used in the drilling and exploration of oil and gas wells to stabilize formations and prevent collapse of the wellbore.
- Salt is utilized in the production of aluminum, magnesium, and other metals as a flux to remove impurities and improve the efficiency of the smelting process.
- Salt is used in various pharmaceutical processes, including the production of saline solutions for intravenous fluid therapy and the formulation of tablets and capsules.
Paper and Pulp Industry:
- Salt is used in the production of paper and pulp to control the pH of pulp and improve the efficiency of certain chemical processes.
- Salt is involved in the preservation of hides and skins during the initial stages of leather processing.
- Salt is used as a nutrient for livestock, and it's added to feed to provide essential minerals like sodium and chloride.
- It is also used in some agricultural practices, such as controlling weeds in fields.
- Salt is used in electroplating baths to facilitate the deposition of metals onto substrates.
- Salt can be used in concrete to help control setting times and improve workability.
Chemical Synthesis and Laboratory Research:
- Salt is often used in various chemical reactions, laboratory research, and experimental procedures.
1. What is industrial salt?
Ans: Industrial salt, also known as sodium chloride (NaCl), is a chemical compound commonly used for various industrial applications.
2. How is industrial salt produced?
Ans: Industrial salt is typically obtained from salt mines or by evaporating saltwater (brine) from saltwater bodies, such as salt flats or saltwater lakes.
3. What are the key industrial applications of salt?
Ans: Industrial salt is used in the chemical industry for producing chlorine and sodium hydroxide, water treatment, food processing, textile industry, oil and gas drilling, metallurgy, pharmaceuticals, and more.
4. How is salt used in water treatment?
Ans: Salt is used for water softening, which involves the removal of calcium and magnesium ions from water to reduce hardness. It's also used in some water purification processes.
5. What role does salt play in food processing and preservation?
Ans: Salt is used for flavoring, seasoning, and preserving various food products, including meats, fish, pickles, and canned goods.
6. How is salt used in the chemical industry?
Ans: Salt is a raw material for producing chlorine and sodium hydroxide through electrolysis. It's also used in the production of various chemicals and compounds.
7. Is salt used in the oil and gas industry?
Ans: Yes, salt is used in oil and gas drilling to stabilize well formations and prevent collapse of the wellbore.
8. How does salt contribute to the textile industry?
Ans: Salt is used in dyeing and finishing processes for textiles to help set dyes and improve color fastness.
9. What is the role of salt in the pharmaceutical industry?
Ans: Salt is used in pharmaceutical processes, such as producing saline solutions for intravenous fluid therapy and formulating tablets and capsules.
10. Can salt be used in agriculture?
Ans: Yes, salt is used as a nutrient for livestock and is added to feed to provide essential minerals. It's also used in some agricultural practices.
11. Is salt used in construction?
Ans: Yes, salt can be used in concrete to control setting times and improve workability.
12. How is salt involved in the leather industry?
Ans: Salt is used in the initial stages of leather processing to preserve hides and skins.
13. Is salt used in laboratory research?
Ans: Yes, salt is used in various chemical reactions and laboratory experiments.
14. What are some environmental concerns related to salt usage?
Ans: Excessive salt runoff from de-icing roads can contribute to soil and water pollution. Proper management is important to minimize environmental impact.
15. Can salt be recycled or reprocessed?
Ans: Salt itself is not typically recycled, but the water used for salt production can sometimes be reprocessed.
16. Are there different types of industrial salts?
Ans: Yes, there are various types of industrial salts with specific applications, such as iodized salt, sea salt, and kosher salt.